Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Friday!

Hey there,
T.G.I.F.  I am so glad the weekend is here.  It is going to be a busy weekend for us.  Jack has a little birthday party with a couple of friends and family.  It should be a fun time.  The theme is Transformers.  I am going to surprise him with a Transformers Piñata.  It is so cute.  I will take lots of pictures to show you.

I have another layout to share using my favorite Echo in the Park Summertime.  This is will be my last layout using this paper because I have used up the entire pack. I love the summer time when you are out playing and then the Popsicles come out.  There is nothing like a good Popsicle to cool you off in the summer time.  It is our little afternoon treat in the summer to go outside and get in our chairs and have a Popsicle around 4:00 in the afternoon.  These are pictures of Michael's first Popsicle.  He was just so darn cute with his first bite.

 I was inspired by this layout while shopping at Simply Scrapbooks.  I saw there some really cool cardstock from WE R Memory Keepers.  The cardstock had the sewing around the edges already done.  Well I love to sew on my pages so I thought I could create this look on my own, and I did.  I used my sewing machine to go around the cardstock to create a border effect. I love the look.  I will have to do this again.  I think it gives the layout a nice clean look.  I also used on my layout the Paper Trey Ink stamp set that goes with the Spellbinders labels One for my journaling block.  I used the Tumbled Glass to give the border and then used the blending tool to soften the edges.  I was really pleased at how this layout turned out.
Cooling Down

Supply list
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern Paper:  Echo in the Park
Embellies:  Echo in the Park
Die Cut:  Labels One Spellbinders
Stamp:  Paper Trey Ink
Ink:  Tumbled Glass Distress Ink

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I have some heavy duty picture uploading this weekend.  I will promise I will try to post some pictures of Jack with his new camera! 

2 comments:

Sharla said...

Cute pictures and love the bright colors and the journaling block!

Nancywithajones said...

VERY CUTE! HOW MUCH do you LOVE that ECHO PARK PAPER! I am sooo in love with them!

Post a Comment