Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Gift Card Holder

Hey everyone,

Well, how was Black Friday for everyone.  I had a pretty good one! I went to my LSS and got some awesome paper.  I got the new Echo in the Park boy line (forget the name), some Basic Grey Pyrus, BoBunny Cambridge paper (did a layout for the store with this line and fell in love with it so I had to have more!!!), and some more Kraft cardstock (you can't have too much Kraft). Oh and yes signed up for a 3 hour class with Jennifer McGuire.  She is launching the new Hero Arts line of stamps.  We will be the first to use the new stamps--I am sooo excited & I can't believe it.  I also went back to Michael's because they had a 50% off coupon and I always use those on my ATG refills.  You can never have enough.  Right?

I also finished shopping for my hubby and I got a couple of things for my mom.  She is so hard to buy for. 

Last weekend was the Simply Scrapbooks Holiday Open House and I submitted this project.  It is a simple 4x4 Kraft card embossed in white using a backgournd stamp and then I attached a Tim Holtz die cut.  I embossed the die cut using a Hero Arts stamp and white embossing powder.  I then used Stormy Sky Distress Ink and blended that all over.  I then attached the die cut with adhesive leaving enough space for the gift card.  I then stamped the greeting with Staz One.  I left the inside blank to write you own message.  It is way too easy and oh so cute! Going to make a bunch of these.  My mom is going to use these for all her friends etc. 



Cardstock:  bazzill, Neenah Solar White
Stamps, Hero Arts
Inks: Tim Holtz, Staz On, Versamark
Embossing Powder

Well I will be back tomorrow.  I need to pass along my blog award from earlier this week.  I have to write 8 things about myself that you didn't know.  I talk a lot but I usually don't talk a lot about myself so this one is going to be tricky.  So come back tomorrow and find out 8 exciting ( or not so exciting) things about me.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

mborrero said...

gorgeous presentation

Murphy's Law said...

how pretty and what a great idea. i survivied my black friday foray. need to do more shopping.

Unknown said...

Love the gift card holder - gorgeous colors and embossing!

Steph said...

Great project! I just started following Jennifer McGuire now that I am starting to stamp. She has so many great projects and tips. I bet her classes are great!

Sharla said...

That card holder is awesome!! I need that background stamp! ;)

smdluxe said...

Pretty Card holder. I love the colors

Tracy said...

How lucky are you. That class should be fun.
Love your card holder.
Looking forward to learning some new things about you :)

Becky said...

Jennifer McGuire???? You are so lucky! I can't wait to live vicariously through you! Love the gift card holder, so pretty!

Post a Comment