Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Hey everyone,

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.  We still have another day with moderate temperatures here.  Jack has another flag football game today so it will be nice to go to.  He has one more and then he is finally done.  It seems like this season has taken forever. 

Can you believe what I am going to start doing this weekend?  I bet you can't guess it--setting up Christmas decorations.  I go CRAZY with my decorations.  I set up 4 trees in the house and change a bunch of the decor including my dishes in the kitchen.  I have to set up early because right after Thanksgiving we have a huge family party and things need to be decorated etc.  Plus I need to get the boys holiday picture of them sitting under the tree taken and developed to turn into Christmas cards.  So all the holiday boxes are coming out of storage and I will slowly unpack the boxes.  I will keep you posted with pictures.

Born To Be Wild!

Well I have been working on the November design team layout for Simply Scrapbooks this past week, and I finally finished it.  I must say I was having a terrible time with this layout at first.  I had never worked with BoBunny paper before (why I have no idea) and I thought this paper collection was not the greatest (at first).  Here is a picture of the collection. It is called the Cambridge collection.

Well as I started working with some of the papers I was liking the paper more and more till finally I fell in love with it.  I am going to have to buy the entire collection now.  It is so awesome if you have boys! I love the argyle pattern-very preppy!

Here I used my silhouette to make the title.  I cut several layers of kraft cardstock and then placed them on top of it and then finally covered it with the pattern paper.  I made my own chipboard title.  I will posting more about my silhouette in the next couple of week--just saying I love it1



The background of this layout is that Jack loves to go into the living room and put on one of his CDs and he LOVES to dance and show me "his moves!"  He is just too cute and so funny!  

Supplies:
cardstock:  bazzill, Neenah Solar White
pattern paper:  bo bunny cambridge
Embellies:  Bo Bunny
inks:  pumice and antique linen distress inks


Well I will see you all tomorrow!  I hope everyone has a great day and evening!  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

ooooooooo i need me some bo bunny. yum!!!

Sharla said...

Great layout, and those papers are perfect for boys! Are you going to post pictures of your home when it's all decorated??? 4 trees!! That sounds magazine worthy!

Becky said...

I love Christmas decorating too! Good luck today, sounds like you have your work cut out for you!! Love the layout, those papers are great!

Tracy said...

You outdo me girl. I only have 2 trees LOL.
One I decorate "MY" way. The other one the girls decorate and I can't touch it. Ok I do tweak it when they aren't looking LOL.
I love, love your layout. The colours are beautiful and the pictures adorable.

Get the Picture by Kathy said...

Super cute - great pictures and journaling!

Vanessa said...

Love the layout! I have a boy and I'm always looking for cute boy paper. Very cute pictures, too!

Post a Comment