Friday, January 21, 2011

GYSO #3

hey everyone,
well it is a very cold snowy day here in Ohio.  Brrrrrrr!!! All I want to do is curl up by the fire.  As I am writing this I am waiting to hear if we have a snow day.  We have already used up our allotted days so we have to make up days this summer.  YUCK!  I am so ready for Spring.

Get Your Sketch On had another great sketch to work with this week.  I am getting so much done with these awesome sketches.  Here is the new sketch:


And here is my take on the sketch.

Christmas Eve 2010
For this layout I used the Imaginisce Christmas Cottage line.  It is so cute.  I love all the pattern papers and embellishments.  I used my Silhouette to create the large die cut.  I am just loving how simple it is to create these die cut images.  I also like how it  made the cut out border around it!  I have to admit that I used a bunch of different tools on this layout.  It was so fun!

Here you can see my border strip.  I used my fiskars border scallop punch, and I cut out the die cut image of the 24 from a piece of pattern paper to make an embellishment. I also punched a circle out and then made it into a journaling tag. 
Here you can see a close look of the die cut tag with the cut out border. Too cute!
Here I added a small strip of a scalloped border.  I used my Tim Holtz On the Edge Die.  I so love this die. It is just fun. I then layered it with on of the tags.  The tag says -- Santa Claus is Coming Tonight & Merry & Bright.  It is hard to see from the picture.  There was not lighting in the house.

It has been a tradition in my family that on Christmas Eve we would open ONE present from my parents.  I have passed this tradition down to my kids.  This year Jack wanted slippers and I found a pair of Transformer Slippers.  He loved them.

I have to say that this Christmas I took horrible pictures.  Nothing really turned out.  I was pretty bummed about it.  So I will still scrap them, but I am not happy with them.  Oh well what can I do?

Supplies
Pattern Paper:  Imaginisce
Embellishments:  Imaginisce
Cardstock:  Neenah Solar White Cardstock

Well I am taking the weekend off to relax a bit.  I will be back on Monday with an altered item.  I know you are probably thinking WHAT?  I hardly ever do stuff like that but this one was calling me.  Come and check it out on Monday. 

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

This is me: Sweet Pete said...

Love it!
Thanks for sharing that website. I am in so much need of sketches.

Kerryn said...

Great take on the sketch Mary :). Thanks for playing along at GYSO.

Tracy said...

You rocked this sketch...as always.
Such a fun layout. I think you photos are perfect.

Becky said...

That is a great sketch! Love that you were able to use so many tools on it! We had the same tradition on Christmas Eve and have passed it on to the girls! Abie is wise to the fact that it's always PJs though... :) Hope you got your snow day!

Unknown said...

Woow! Great take on the sketch!! Love how you´ve picked up the green from the photo!! :) /Pia

Unknown said...

This is super cute! Great job with the sketch!

my4blessings said...

Great sketch. You chose perfect patterned paper for your photos!

Tammy said...

Love your layout - that sketch is so fun. I don't think your photos are horrible. The kids are too cute to notice anything bad! :)

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

Danielle said...

You did a great job with this sketch.

I feel the same way about my Christmas photos, but I am still going to scrap them anyway.

hilde janbroers said...

great take on the sketch! Love your layout!

carrie said...

Great job...and did you see Congrats are in order for your win over at LYB.

Rossella said...

Thanks for playing at GYSO! Very pretty page!

Valerie said...

Cute layout!! We have the same tradition of opening one present around here the night before:) Thanks for joining us at GYSO!

Laurel said...

Well done, a fabulous layout! Thanks for playing at GYSO!

Post a Comment