Friday, January 28, 2011

GYSO#4

Happy Friday!

Well we made it through another week!!!  I am going to a crop tonight.  I am so excited.  My one girl friend that I always go with can't make it so I am going by myself.  There are some great ladies who go so I will have plenty of people to talk to!  I have a couple of layouts I want to work on plus I want to finish my Valentine's day cards. I also have an idea for a new card set that I want to start on.  Lots and lots to do!

Well my layout for today is this weeks sketch from Get Your Sketch On.  Here is the sketch #4

Here is my take on the sketch:

I used Echo Park paper for this layout.  I like to take a picture of the tree each year, and I thought this would be the perfect layout for it.  I changed it up just a bit.  I didn't want to use the circle because I had this great tag from EP that actually had the title that I wanted to use "oh Christmas Tree". 

 I really like the strip of paper with the ornaments.  I thought that was  just a perfect choice.
 You know I love buttons so I added 3 in opposite corners.
 I also added the ticket in the corner and put the date on it.  I love those little tags!
Supplies
cardstock-bazzill
pattern paper--echo park
buttons--paper trey ink, basic grey
.
Other than the crop tonight I don't have any plans this weekend--hoorray!!!  I think we are just hanging out.  I need one of those again.  Just really tired.  I want to just curl up on the couch and watch a movie--well I can dream can't I.

Well thanks for stopping by! I will be back on Monday with a new layout!  Plus I will announce my first giveaway! You won't want to miss a minute!

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Tracy said...

You blow me away with your beautiful layouts.
Love your take on this sketch.
Enjoy your crop tonight :)

hilde janbroers said...

love your take on the sketch!! great layout :-)))

D's Paper Studio said...

Pat, what a great interpation of the sketch. I love crops. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Becky said...

Love this layout and all the patterned paper you used. Have a great time at your crop and I hope you get a TON accomplished!!

Heather Bares said...

very nice layout!!!

Diana Fisher said...

I like how that turned out! Great work with the sketch.

Blessed Ladybug said...

thanks for sharing i will post my layout on the sketch later....

Steph said...

I LOVE this layout! Beautiful.

Jingle said...

Lovely page!

Liz said...

Great take on the sketch

Kendall said...

That is a great layout! I love Christmas layouts :) Great job!

my4blessings said...

This is wonderful! Love the mix of patterns. I missed commenting on your layout yesterday, absolutely darling!

Sharla said...

Great layout!! I love the papers you chose and your take on the sketch!

Kerryn said...

Great take on the sketch Mary! Thanks for playing at GYSO :).

Sue Althouse said...

Great use of the sketch and I love that paper!

Sarah said...

Great job on a great sketch. I've never seen that site before...I'm so glad you posted it. I really learn alot from your blog. :)

Stacey425 said...

Love your page! So cute! I am a new follower! yay! Please stop by and visit; would love if you follow as well! Thanks for the insppiration.

Valerie said...

What a pretty layout!! Great take on the sketch.

Post a Comment