Thursday, January 27, 2011

Love-Little Yellow Bicycle Challenge

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Well usually on Thursday I show you what I am working on but guess what?  There is NOTHING on my desk right now.  Tomorrow I am going to a crop and I just made a couple of kits. My bag is packed and I am ready to go. 

You know how I love challenges and Little Yellow Bicycle and Liz Qualman had a new challenge.  Liz makes awesome sketches and this is the new one that she came up with.  I really liked the sketch and knew that I had to use it.  If you remember a little back I made the top 5 for the last Liz Qualman and Little Yellow Bicycle for the last challenge. (click here to see the sketch and the layout.)  For coming in the top 5 I received a prize package of of the new line Cupcake Love.  This is such an adorable line. With boys I have this hang up that I can't use pink, but I thought with Michael's baby pictures it would work. 


So here is my take on the sketch.
Love
I love these pictures of Michael right after his bath.  I just want to squeeze him up!  I switched things up a bit for the layout just to add my touch and I tried to bring in the brown and the blue.

First the green cardstock had a pink trim and I cut that off and matted it on the brown (I love the brown and green colo combo). To add some blue in their I matted the 4x6 picture and the journaling tag with the baby blue cardstock.
My title was from their chipboard shapes and my little message was from their strips of messages. They are cardstock stickers.
I used the banner cardstock stickers--love that there was a blue pennent to go along with my theme.
I added a cupcake that also had the blue icing top.
I love that chipboard heart that says cutie pie because that is what my little one is!!!  For the bottom scalloped piece that is from their border collection and it is actually a fabric.  I loved it.  It had a sticky backing.  It was perfect for this!!

cardstock: bazzill
everything else--Little Yellow Bicycle.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day.  Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Kerryn said...

That is just too cute!!!!

Enjoy your crop :).

Becky said...

Oh this is too cute! The pictures are adorable and I love the banner and the cupcake!

Tammy said...

Great layout! That is a fun sketch. Cute photos. I could just squeeze him up too! :)

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

Sue Althouse said...

I do love that sketch - what adorable baby pictures on your layout! Love it! Have a great time at your crop!

Heather Bares said...

this is adorable!!!

Tracy said...

This is so cute. And so is Michael.
Ohhh there is nothing like a clean baby to snuggle after their tub.

Anonymous said...

Your page turned out so cute, love all the extra little touches!

Post a Comment