Friday, February 4, 2011

GYSO#5

Happy Friday!  TGIF!

 I am soooo happy today is Friday.  What a stressful week with all the ice, snow power outages, freezing temperatures and then Jack--did I tell you what he did this week.  I was at school for about 2 hours and then I get a call that he was sick.  So I get my principal and secretary and tell them that Jack is sick and I need to go pick him up at school.  Well as soon as we all get home he is FINE!  He then admits that he was not sick and he made it up because he just wanted to stay home with me.  AARGH! I was so mad.  Leaving work is a hassle.  We have to find a sub to cover my classes and usually they can't find one so the have to get other teachers willing to give up their planning period to cover--not fun.  We had a long talk.  My heart just broke when he said he just wanted to be with me.  Needless to say I wasn't mad for long but the Wii was taken away for a week because he lied.

Well this is the 5th straight week I have played with the challenges over at Get Your Sketch On.  I am really like their sketches.  Here is this week's sketch.
Here is my take on the sketch:

Christmas Bears

Michael loves stuffed animals.  My mom for Christmas bought him these 2 bears.  He went crazy over them.  He named them Yellow Bear and Chocolate Bear.  These were pictures of him after he opened the presents.

For this layout I used the Echo Park Merry Christmas line.  Love that line!! I thought the colors were perfect for the colors in the picture.


 I love this die cut sticker with the lights--way too cute!  I also used the border sticker of the holly.
 I loved the letter stickers that came with the kit so I used a combination of all of them for the title.
 In this corner I used the journaling tag and stamped Celebrate (an Ali Edwards stamp) and added another die cut of the presents.
For the actual journaling tag I used a nestabilities die cut and stamped it with the coordinating paper trey ink stamp.

Supplies
bazzill, echo park, paper trey ink, hero arts chalk ink, memento ink, ali edwards stamp

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend.  We have NOTHING planned.  I am so excited.  We are supposed to get more snow on Saturday but we shall see.  I know that whenever the kids are asleep I will be on the couch with a book and a fire going in the fireplace.  I am going to RELAX!!  How about you--what are your plans?

Don't forget to post a comment on this POST to enter to win a $40 gift certificate at the CSN stores.  I will pick a winner on Sunday and announce the winner in my Monday post.  I will also have a new layout to share as well. 

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you on Monday!

16 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

such a sweet layout!! love it

Sue Althouse said...

Relaxing this weekend sounds like a great idea! That is such a cute story about Jack, but I can also imagine your frustration. What's a mother to do? Lovely layout!

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nice i might scrap this sketch this weekend thanks for sharing....love the christmas bears....

Murphy's Law said...

very cute. tfs! poor baby and very frustrating/sweet for you.

ScrappnBee said...

Glad to know that Jack isn't sick! Dont you hate it when you have to decide between hugging and laughing or punishing your child! Hope that you are digging out of snow ok! Great Layout!

Danielle said...

I really like this layout very much. Very sweet page. I love the photos with the white borders around them.

Pam W. said...

Nice layout. Love the lights!

Becky said...

I love those pictures! I can only imagine if one of the girls pulled that at school. I'm sure you'll look back on it and laugh...eventually :) Have a great weekend!

smdluxe said...

good job at re interpreting the sketch.

Tammy said...

Love the layout! I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend too. We are supposed to get snow too so I'm planning a weekend playing in my scrapbook room! :)

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

Pam said...

As always, I love your layout! How cute! And even though it was a royal pain, your story is a sweet one. Someday you and your son will be saying, "Remember when....?".:-) TFS!

Kerryn said...

fabulous take on the sketch! The colours just work so well with the photo. Thanks for playing at GYSO once again Mary :).

Valerie said...

What cute pictures and a great layout:) Thanks for playing along at GYSO this week!

Tracy said...

Awwww that is just precious that Jack wanted the day with you. Love it.
My daughter did this when she was little, I was a stay at home mom, so it wasn't a problem. I had a talk with her about lying and we moved on and enjoyed our day together.
Your layout is adorable.

mborrero said...

Well at least he was okay...

Rossella said...

compliments for the win!!! Good job and thanks for play with us at GYSO!

Post a Comment