Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday Card Day--St. Patrick's Day #2

Happy Wednesday,

I hope everyone is having a great week.  So far so good here.  Nothing out of the ordinary and that is just fine with me.  I did have time after school yesterday to stop by the local YMCA and sign Jack up for Spring soccer.  He said he wanted to play again so I said sure!  Last year was his first year and he was interested in it for the first couple of weeks, but then he was just happy to go to hang out.  But what do you expect from 4 year olds.  I just like it that he wants to try.  I am not  of the philosophy that I have to push my kids into stuff.  If they want to start something--a sport, activity etc, I am more than happy to support that but I just don't sign my children up just to keep them busy.  They have enough to keep them busy with just being kids.

Wednesday Card

When I bought the new Jillibean Soup line a couple of weeks ago I fell in love with it.  As usual the colors and everything were awesome.  When I kept looking at it I thought that the colors and patterns would make a perfect card for St Patrick's day.    I used 2 of the journaling spots and pop dotted them together and on to the card.  I used some paper trey ink twine to tie around it, and then I used my Hero Arts stamps.  I really love how it turned out!
supplies
cardstock:  neenah solar white, bazzill
twine;  paper trey ink
pattern paper and journaling spots:  jillibean soup
stamps:  hero arts

I hope everyone has a fantastic day.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Tracy said...

I totally agree with your concept on not pushing the kids into sports and such, just because.
Some years my girls wanted to try something some years they didn't.
Either way was fine with me.

Nice card, everything flows so nicely. Love the twine and the sewing around it.

Sarah said...

Really cute card, I love Jillibean Soup!!

Jingle said...

This is a beautiful card!!! I love this!

Steph said...

Very pretty card! I really want to try stitching on my cards. It adds just the right touch.

Becky said...

Love this card, the twine and the paper...all of it!

In answer to your question, the stamp I used is from PTI. It's from a set called Think Big Favorites #1. Here is the link: http://www.papertreyink.com/stamps_thinkbigfavorites1.html

Tammy said...

I love this card! Never would have thought to use that paper for St Patty's day but it's perfect! :)

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

Liz Michaud said...

Great card... love the color combo!

Kendall said...

That is such a cute card! Great job! TFS

Danielle said...

Very cute card!

Unknown said...

I love your card! The colors are perfect. I do like that paper and need to get some! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your very thoughtful comment:)

Post a Comment