Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday everyone!

Blog reading can really really hurt your wallet.  Yesterday Becky from Fourth House on the Right had an awesome card featured. (click HERE to see the awesome card) I loved the bingo card she made.  I had used a bingo card on Monday's layout (click HERE) and I wanted to make some more.  I hated to pay the high price of them at the scrap store and I liked the idea of making my own.  Well Becky told me that it was a stamp from Paper Trey Ink.  Well, if you have follwed my blog for very long you know that I love Paper Trey Ink.  I try to stay away from them because they have so many fun stamps.   Well I went on their website and boy oh boy did I shop.  I am really in trouble--I totally went over my budget this month.  BAD BECKY BAD BECKY for putting such a cute card on your blog.  Becky, you deserve to get a free stamp or something from them for the the order I placed. hehehhehe--I will have to share pictures of my haul when it arrives. And as I am writing this I keep hitting myself because I wanted to much more--my list is always sooo long from them. 

What is everyone doing this weekend?  Any big plans?  We are so jammed pack I hope I can take time to breathe.  Tonight I am going to go for my crop.  I know I am not going to stay till midnight tonight.  I would like to be home early so that I can get some sleep.  I do need to work though.  I have not scrapped all week and I won't be able to all weekend. (Isn't it funny how this hobby is more of an obsession-hehehehehe)  Saturday I have errands and then Jack has swimming lessons, a dentist apt., my mother in law is coming for lunch and then she is going to watch michael while hubby, Jack  and I go down to Cincinnati for a birthday party( jack is invited).  Then on Sunday my mom is coming over.  The weather is supposed to by warm (60-70) but a chance of rain, but if I can get a walk in both days I will be in heaven.

I had some great news this week. I had another layout picked up by Scrap Street EMagazine. I was so excited. So my layout that was scheduled for today has been removed till June.

Also my Bee Happy card was featured on the Practical Scrappers  blog. Wow I am so honored! Thanks so much!

I had some other fun news this month- at my local scrap store, Simply Scrapbooks, I am going to be teaching a sketch class.  In the class we will be making 2-2page layouts and 1-1 page layout for $20 dollars.  The students will get the sketches, cardstock, paper, alphabet stickers and embellishments, and I will show them how to put it all together.  I am really excited about the class.  We are hoping to make it a monthly class. The class date is April 17th from 1:30 - 3:30.  Here is a look at one of the layouts that we will make in class. 

This months kit used the Chloe by 3 Bugs in a Rug.  Can I tell you how excited I am to scrap some girl layouts.  I am going to put a picture of my god daughter in the place.

Well I hope everyone has a fantastic day and weekend.  I will be back on Monday with a new layout.  See ya then and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

Congratulations on the EMagazine and the Sketch class. You are certainly on a roll! I really like the layout. FYI: I understand the cost of blog reading!

Tammy said...

Retail therapy can be good! I've got a list of things I want from PTI too. Congrats on the Emag and other opportunities. This weekend I'll still be sorting and pulling stuff for the annual neighborhood garage sale next week. Trying to lighten the load I have to move back to FL. Have a great weekend! :)

Becky said...

I'm laughing so hard right now Mary Pat! I'm sorry and happy at the same time! My order from PTI should be here Monday, can't wait to see yours!!!! Congratulations on all your news, you are just doing fantastic! I hope you get to enjoy the nice weather and are productive tonight too! :)

Steph said...

Very pretty layout! I am afraid to look at PTI because there will be so many things I want. Enjoy your weekend!

Handmade Hannah said...

Lots of exciting news. Your layouts are lovely. Thanks for sharing :)

Casey Wright said...

What a clean and simple layout! Love it! Hope you have a good weekend! Nothing too exciting going on here, which is perfect for me!

Connie Mercer said...

what a cute Lo~ so simple and clean~I love that!! Congarts on your SS submissions being accepted~ exciting isn't it!!!

Tracy said...

Congrats on all your exciting news :)
I saw Becky's card is was awesome.
I have nabbed a few of her projects in the past ;)
But I am thinking since I can't get to this class of yours I may nab this layout, it is pretty, loving the banner :)

Christina said...

I really need to plan a trip up to Simply Scrapbooks I heard it's awesome-that's great that you are teaching a class there.
Love PTI stamps, I have a HUGE wish list for them!

Kelly Roberts said...

congrats on being featured and selected. yes, that is a great honor. boy, i know you were excited. you go girl!

Sarah said...

I was just wondering if you'll be attending any of Jennifer McGuire's classes on Memorial Day weekend at SS? I'm making the drive up and would love to meet another pea. :)

Sarah aka SDeven

Post a Comment