Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday Card-April Challenge at Scrap Our Stash

Happy Wednesday everyone,
Hope you are having a good day. I am excited for today because they are calling for temperatures in the 60's and sunny. Oh I can't wait. I think after school I will walk with the boys to the park.  I can't wait!

Over at Scrap Our Stash they are having their monthly challenge.  This months challenge is to Bring in the Sun.  Well I was stumped at how I was going to incorporate a sun into a project.  I thought about it all day and came up with NOTHING!  So I went to bed and I had the best dream.  I came up with the entire card in my dream.  I love it when that happens.  As soon as I woke up I got my sketch pad out and sketched the layout so I wouldn't forget.    Here is what I came up with:

Bee Happy

I loved making this card because I got to include all my favorite things:die cuts, inking, stamping, coloring.  What could be better?

First I used my scraps and traced and cut out my hills.  Next I went to town using my Silhouette. I made the postage stamp base, the sun and the cloud.  I then stamped my bee and made a little mask for it.  I also made a mask for the edges of the postage stamp.  I wanted those to remain white.  I then used my Tim Holtz distress ink and my blending tool and inked up the sky.  I then inked the edges of my cloud.  I colored in my cute little bee with my copics and then stamped the sentiment.  To give the hills a bit of dimension I added some faux stitching to them, and then pieced it all together.  I had a ton of fun creating this card.  I am not sure who I am going to send this to, but I hope it will brighten someones day.

If you want more information on the Scrap Our Stash challenge please click HERE.  If you haven't stopped by, you really should!  There are really fun challenges and just a nice group of people.  What are you waiting for --Give it a Try!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope everyone has a great day.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout!

13 comments:

Pam said...

Love this card! You must have had a happy dream, because this card looks so cheerful! :-) Have fun in the sun today!

Connie Mercer said...

love this~I've always had a thing for buzzing bee's!!adorable card!!!

Becky said...

This is SO cute! I love it, so happy! It's the best when things like this come to us in our dreams or as we're drifting off to sleep! Have fun at the park today, enjoy the beautiful weather!

Steph said...

Super cute job! Enjoy the nice weather.

Anonymous said...

what a sweet card- totally cute!

Pam W. said...

OMG! This card is adorable!

Kendall said...

What a fun summery card! I love it!

Anonymous said...

cute!!

holly* said...

very cute! love the sun!

Marcie said...

What an adorable card, just makes you want to smile!

Tracy said...

What a sweet card. I love that postage stamp shape.
I love when I dream about a project that I am stumped on.

Christine said...

Love that postage stamp style...great card!

Annie said...

Came over from Practical Scrappers. Congrats on being picked out - not surprised what a fun card.
Ann xxx

Post a Comment