Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I am so happy because today is like Friday for me.  If I can make it through today I am set!!

Yesterday was my son's birthday.  I am never home in the morning when they wake up so therefore I can't wish them a happy birthday in the morning.  I started a tradition with my older son when he turned 3 and that was to create a special banner, place mat, card, etc. for when they get downstairs.  So I wanted to start the same tradition with Michael.  I worked on his card/mat in the afternoon when he was taking a nap.  I used my new Sillouette to make the cupcake card.  The bottom part of the cupcake opens up and I wrote a little message to him and then I just decorated the cardstock with stamped images of cupcakes and bling.  Michael loves cupcakes.  While I was making the card Jack came over and was just too cute and said "oh mom, michael is going to love his card!"  what a sweetie!

Now it has been raining for 3 days now with NO light in the house so I couldn't take a picture, but then I thought of scanning it but when something is 3D the scanner has a hard time but at least you will get the jist of it.


I hope to get some crafting in tonight!  I can't wait.  I have sketched out a couple of card ideas that I want to do so hopefully all goes well and I will then have a post for you for tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by!  I will see you all tomorrow!
-mp

8 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Happy Birthday to Michael! That is an adorable card!

Jingle said...

Very cute! Happy Birthday to your son!

Connie Mercer said...

So sweet!!!! he will love it and what a cool thing to do for your boys!

Tanya Ham said...

Very cute!! :) It's my "Friday" too, yay! Enjoy your holiday!

Maria said...

Sweeeet!
Happy birthday to your son
Hugs,

Maria

Tammy said...

That is an awesome tradition. Cute cupcake - it sounds perfect for Michael. I hope you made it through your day - it's my Friday too and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to 5 days off! :)

Becky said...

What a great idea! This turned out so cute :) Tomorrow is my last day for the week, and it's a short day at that!!!

Tracy said...

What a sweet tradition Mary Pat.
How sweet of Jack to say that :) Such a loving brother.
Hope you made it through your day ;)

Post a Comment