Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday Card featuring Felt

Happy Wednesday Everyone!
How is your week going?  Anything crafty going on?  Me not too much.  I have been able to get a bit in but nothing too big.  Hopefully this Friday at my crop and then on the weekend! fingers crossed!

My card today features the Jillibean Soup Dutch mustard line.  I spritzed the paper with my Mister Huey Pumpkin spice and then arranged the card.  Now my fun thing on this card was the new 100% Wool Felt that I ordered from Paper Trey Ink.  I am totally addicted to the felt!  It is so beautiful, thick, and the colors are to die for--well back on track now-anyway Jillibean makes the cutest embellishments using felt; however, they are a tad expensive because you only get like 4 in a package.  I am VERY frugal with my scrapping funds and it is just a bit high for me.  So I got to thinking that I could create my own with my Paper Trey Ink dies.  I was a bit worried because the felt is so thick.  Well as you can see it worked out!  I love them!!! I layered the flowers and added a button in the center.  I am in love with my homemade embellishments!


Supplies
paper- jillibean soup
cardstock-bazzill
sentiment- jillibean soup
felt, buttons, twine- paper trey ink

Here is a closer look at the flowers I made.  I made three sets.  The largest flower is apporximately 2 inches and the smaller is approximately 1.5 inches. 



I have put these three sets of felt layered flower embellishments in my Etsy shop.  I have them priced WELL below what you can buy them for in the scrap store.  If you are interested please email me.  There is also a link to my etsy shop on the right side of my blog. 

I hope everyone has a great day today.  I will be back on Friday with a new project.  Thanks so much for stopping by!
-mp

20 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Oooo such a pretty card - so fall!! Love the felt embellishment = perfect :)

Tracy said...

Your card is very pretty, love those felt flowers, they just look cozy to me :)

Becky said...

Love them!!!!!!! I am just amazed that the dies work so well with the thick felt. I guess seeing is believing right? I will just have to order some, that's it. Your card is perfect!

CRH said...

Love those felt flowers...something about felt and the colors...very autumnesque!

Annette Allen said...

love it...those felt flowers are amazing...

Anonymous said...

This card is so adorable, Mary Pat ~ and those felt flowers are awesome!! Well done!! =)

Johanna said...

Wow, you did an awesome job with it! And the flowers are great! Sorry to ask, it may be a stupid question but did you run the felt through a machine or does felt work with a punch?

Anonymous said...

Love your hand made flowers, good luck on Etsy! :)

Erin Bassett said...

Cute flowers! Love how the bow looks on the center one.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Oh I love this! So pretty!

Maria said...

pretty, pretty!
Hugs

Maria

Mary Jo said...

LOVE those felt flowers! :)

Danielle said...

I have a stack of wool felt and you have just inspired me to pull it out. These flowers are so pretty!

Christa said...

The felt is so cute! Love how your card turned out!

Pamela said...

These flowers are great! Love your card! :)

ScrappnBee said...

The card came out perfect! I love that you were able to make your own flowers! SO cool! Thanks for sharing! -Amanda

cardsister said...

Super cute! I've got to give that a try!

Katie said...

I love the felt! I see why Becky was inspired to try it! I used felt once, years ago, to make a banner with my dies, and totally forgot until just now! I should try this again! I'm thinking some holiday decorations are in order!

Arlene said...

LOVE those felt flowers. Just beautiful and love the color combos on them all.

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful!

Post a Comment