Friday, January 20, 2012

Clean and Simple Card Class Week 2 Lesson 3

Happy Friday!
I am so glad it is the weekend. How about you?  Do you have any plans?  We really do not.  Just your basic errands in the morning and then NOTHING for the rest of the weekend!  I am so glad.  I am going to try to get caught up on my Card Class.  I am a touch behind!

Lesson 3
The lesson was to use the technique of stamping and embossing a mirror image a stamp. Jennifer made this look really easy!  Well, if we were getting grades I would get an F.   I tried it 3 times and then finally gave up because it took an hour to do this (and I just don't have an hour in the evening).  So I came up with a similar style of card using some two die cut images from my Cameo and then embossing the sentiment.
(Sorry the picture is a bit fuzzy--I took the picture when it was dark out!)

Supplies
cardstock- neenah solar white, american crafts
dies- paper trey ink
stamps-hero arts
hearts- silhouette

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you have a great weekend!  I hope you have a crafty day!
-mp

20 comments:

Penny said...

I love this card, and I think the cutouts, work just as good as the stamped image would have! I'm with you, whatever is the easiest! Love Penny

Jingle said...

Sorry it didn't work out, but your resulting card is really cute! You should give it another shot when you have more time...who knows...that F may turn into an A with a bit of practice!

Katie said...

This is a great card! The cutouts were really good solution when the mirror image stamp didn't work out!

Stephanie said...

I think it turned out great--looks really nice!

Becky said...

I think your card turned out great anyway! Love the bright red and crisp white! Enjoy your weekend!

Pamela said...

Looks great!! :)

Izzy Anderson said...

Your card is really cute. I don't know a thing about embossing so this would have been a tough assignment for me too.

Danielle said...

Good for you for not giving up and working something else out. It came out fabulous! I love the dry embossing along with the powdered embossing. And who doesn't love hearts?

SandeeNC said...

Your card is darling, but I understand how you feel, currently I am flunking resist embossing, lol

Pam W Merwin said...

This works for me :) Love the card and the design!

Pam said...

This is such a cute card - I wouldn't worry about however it was supposed to be because I am sure this is just as cute if not cuter! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely card Mary Pat. You have done so well keeping up. I have so much to do.

Sharla said...

Love all the cards, and totally love the balloon layout! Super cute!

Lisa said...

Love the beautiful card especially the hearts.

Tammy said...

Love the red and white! I sometimes have trouble with embossing so don't feel bad. Love how you adapted the design to something you do so well! :)

Margie Higuchi said...

OOOooo nice card, Mary Pat! Love the colors - very striking.

~Tammy~ said...

Very cute! Love the red and white!

Johanna said...

What a nice card! I love all the embossing :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Great job!

Tracy said...

Cute card. Love the tag on here.

Post a Comment