Friday, July 13, 2012

A Friday MME Challenge

Happy Friday!

Are you ready for the weekend?  I know we are here. We are finally supposed to get some rain today.  I am so happy!  Our poor lawn is burnt out- my flowers have died, and it is just horribly dry.  I hope we get a soaker today and tomorrow.  fingers crossed!

As I have mentioned I have had some free time this week and have been able to scrap just for me and for fun.  It has been so wonderful.  Whenever I have some free time I love to enter some challenges to get my mojo flowing and I found a really fun challenge over at My Mind's Eye.  The challenge was to create a Monochromatic layout using their products.  Well, I just went to Archivers this week and picked up some of the Indie Chic collection and all the colors are in this gorgeous blue and I had my colors.

For this layout I chose a neutral kraft cardstock as my base and then started layering and adding embellishments in the blue tones.  I love how it turned out.  The photos were taken of Michael on a hike at Cox Arboretum.  I cut the photo frames using my Silhouette

 supplies
cardstock- bazzill
paper, brads, title- my mind's eye
mist- mister huey by studio calico
flair- a flair for buttons

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back soon with a new project.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty weekend!
-mp

24 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

The blue looks wonderful against the kraft, Mary Pat! The circles are a great design element and I love how they carry your eye through the page. P.S. I totally LOL at your comment on my blog today. I know how you feel. I cried when my daughter left on the 1st grade bus (and 2nd and 3rd). By 4th grade I was an old pro (LOL) and used to it. Now that she's going into middle school, I'm anticipating tears again (although I'm not sure I'm still "allowed" at the bus stop, LOL!)

Unknown said...

Great layout, love the color scheme and those papers are wow! gorgeous. We had similar weather conditions to yours until a couple of weeks ago and then the rain set in. I think today might be our first day of no rain all day!! Hoping you get a good downpour:)

Mary Jo said...

Love the blue on craft!
And such great photos.

Fawn said...

Cute photos. I really like the MME line and you've inspired me to pull them out of my stash. Have a great day!

Jingle said...

I love this! Absolutely awesome layout!

Anonymous said...

such a sweet layout! I love all that blue!

Tanya Ham said...

Love those colors - beautiful! :)

Annette Allen said...

cute layout...i love those adorable pictures...hehe

Connie Mercer said...

love the blue darling page, for sure!!!!

Catherine said...

The monochromatic blues are wonderful and all of your layering brings your page to life.

Danielle said...

Great color choice and I love the photos!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Love - blues are my usual go to color scheme and I love the MME Indie line of papers. You did a great job on this! I have the papers to work on one in green...if I find the time!

Madeline said...

Oooo...what a beautiful selection of blue papers! Great design and cute, cute photos too!

scrappymo! said...

Those blues are so perfect...great layout. I like the photo frame.

byondbzr said...

That is so beautiful!! :)

SandeeNC said...

I love monochromatic layouts, your is fabulous!! Hope you get some rain, we have had 3 consecutive days of it, and I loved every minute of it! lol So did the grass, flowers and trees! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

gorgeous I love MME!

~Tammy~ said...

A totally cool layout! Love the kraft and blue!

Norma G. said...

Beautiful layout, I just love MME! Have a wonderful weekend.

Katie said...

I love your layout! I hope you got some rain today, we did here and it was much needed!

Janet's Joy said...

No rain here either and we need it bad!!!
Love your blue layout!

Becky said...

It's so dry here too! You'd think you were walking on fall leaves instead of summer grass! What a great layout!! Love that paper, perfect for those photos.

Pam said...

What a cute layout! I just started using some kraft cardstock as a base on some layouts, too. Love the colors and especially the pictures. What a cutie!

Tracy said...

This is such a sweet layout.
I really love these photos of your cute son :)

Post a Comment