Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Start to Finish Home Decor Item



Happy Monday,
Did you have a nice weekend?  We did.  Saturday we had family over.  The weather was terrible- sunny and 103 degrees.  This is way too hot for me.  I stayed inside. LOL!  Sunday I was able to get some crafting time in.  I have a little bit of a break from commitments and I am starting on some scrappin' just for myself.  I love this!!

Last week I made a home decor piece with the Moxxie Hometown Celebration collection.  Several weeks before I had made another home decor piece for Cord Scrapbook Studio.  I used the Little Yellow Bicycle Hello Spring Collection.

1.  I used the Build a Flower kit from LYB.  Everything is already cut and ready for you.  All you have to do is assemble them.
hs-305_400pxls.jpg
2,  Next I picked up some straws at the Dollar Store and some floral tape.  I wrapped floral tape around the  straws starting at the bottom and working your way up to the top.  These will create the stems of the flowers.
Here is a look at the stem almost done.
Here is a look at all my stems with the flowers.
Next put a huge glop of hot glue on the back of each flower.  
Place your steam in the center of the glue and put a dab of glue on top.  

Here is a look at the all the different types of flowers.  Let these dry and it is time to start making the baske.
3.   I created my floral basket using my Silhouette. It is a Lori Whitlock design.
I glued it together using my glue gun.  I used a sheet from the Hello Spring.
4.  Next I bought some floral foam from the dollar store and cut is so that it filled the bottom of the floral basket.  

5.  Now that the flowers are dry cut the bottom tips off the flowers just like you would a real flower on a slight angle.  This will make it easier for you to insert the straw- steam into the foam.  

Add some leaves to the flowers and glue those on and place arrange the stems and flowers into the basket.
6.  I made a label for the front of the basket and stamped it using my Hero Arts stamps and some bling.  You always need a little bling- right????
7.  I bought some floral moss to add to the basket to cover up the basket so that you don't see any of the floral foam
Fill in any gaps with the floral moss.
Here is the final project.  Isn't just the cutest?  I just love it.  The perfect flower arrangement and these won't die! LOL!!
Supplies
Everything but the label is Little Yellow Bicycle.
label- Paper trey Ink
stamps- Hero Arts
bling- Hero Arts
ink- Hero Arts
I hope you enjoyed this Start to Finish Project today.  I will be back tomorrow with another new project.  See you then!

Have a wonderful and crafty day!
-mp

13 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Soooo pretty, Mary Pat! Such a great collection to use for a fresh bouquet. :)

Mary Jo said...

That is so, so cute!!!
Thanks for the tutorial.
And I love that you used plain straws!

Jingle said...

This is just awesome! Such a great project!

Madeline said...

Super cute project!

Connie Mercer said...

super cute!!! love it so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect for those of us who are too forgetful to water the real things! Becky x

Katherine said...

That is just gorgeous - I love it....next time I think about taking flowers this card is definitely the answer

Becky said...

So cute! These are the kind of flowers I need, I have a black thumb. haha!

Laura said...

These came out great. What a cool idea for paper flowers

Katie said...

I love this project! Thank you for showing it from beginning to end!

Blessed Ladybug said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww so awesome.... thanks for sharing.....

Tracy said...

This is so cute Mary Pat.
Such a nice little summer display for your home, very cute :)

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Such a beautiful basket! And the flowers are better looking than anything in my flowerbeds - everything's burnt to a crisp out there :(.

Post a Comment