Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Making Your Own Stacking Embellishments

Happy Monday!

Did you have a nice weekend?  We had a wonderful time!  Saturday was just extremely relaxing!!  I loved every minute of it.  Then on Sunday my mom and I  went shopping at the outlet mall and found some really awesome bargains and then we came home for lunch.  Then after lunch we left hubby at home and my mom and the boys and I went to a couple of fall festivals to get fall mums and pumpkins!  We had such an awesome time!!

Back in July Cord Scrapbook Studio gave me the Monster Mash collection to work with and I just had so much fun!  This is a super quick card I made using the paper and a sticker.  For the center piece I made my own stackable embellishment,
I first used my circle punches and made 3 circle punches.  I then placed my sticker on the smallest circle.  
I then placed my foam tape on the back of that piece and stacked it on top of the black circle.
I then repeated the foam tape on the black of the black circle
and placed this layer on top of the scalloped piece.
Here is a look at the layers.
I then placed that on top of my card!

supplies
cardstock- bazzill
paper- sticker- imaginisce
buttons- paper trey ink

I have tons of Halloween to share with you this week.  Like I said I have been working on Halloween since July.  I am so excited to finally share it all!!  See you tomorrow!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

21 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a cute card, Mary Pat! Thanks for showing how you made your layered embellishment! :)

Becky said...

Too cute! I'm sharing Halloween thus week too, and i love to make my own embellishments!

Tammy said...

Love the colors on this one. Great stacked embellishment! :)

Katherine said...

Super card....I am still struggling with making cards I like....so going to give this one a go as it looks great - thank you for the inspiration :)

Unknown said...

Such a cute card!

Mary Jo said...

That is super, super cute!
And so much cheaper than buying a package of them :)

Cathy said...

Omgosh! Adore~

Katie said...

What a cute card! Thanks for sharing the stacking embellishment, it looks so easy to put together, and looks fabulous on the card!

Loni said...

I love Halloween, looking forward to seeing more cute projects!

Connie Mercer said...

great idea ~ so fun!!!

Annette Allen said...

Hey I was coming over to see some coloring... What happened...

This card is so cute..

Erica said...

Cute!

laura said...

What a difference some foam tape/dots make...great embelishment for the card

Danielle said...

Adorable card...and I love your homemade embellishment!

Tanya Ham said...

Great job! :)

Norma G. said...

Hi Mary Pat! Fun card, I really like the way you added dimension by layering your circles :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your layering technique.

Anonymous said...

adorable card and great step by step!

Izzy Anderson said...

This turned out really cute and I love the way you did your own embellie. :)

Tracy said...

Wow, You are so prepared, Halloween in July.
I think I start in October...a week before the holidays and I think I have a jump on it, lol.
I love the fun, colours, patterns and that sticker is so cute.

Janet's Joy said...

Great embellishment!!

Post a Comment