Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday and a New Smile

Happy Thursday!

Last weekend I was able to squeak in a little scrapping just for me!  I love it when that happens.  Last year Jack lost his first tooth.  He was so excited.  He lost it right before bed and was so worried that the tooth fairy would take his tooth.  He wanted to keep it.  So we wrote the tooth fairy a note telling her that Jack wanted to keep his tooth.  Obviously being a huge scrapbooker I took a photo of his new smile and I saved the note and tucked it away to save for a layout.

Jump ahead to this past weekend and I new I wanted to scrap this photo of him.  The problem is the note got a little damaged.  That totally can happen in this household with 2 boys.  So when I was getting out my Jillibean Soup papers I found this great journaling card and rewrote the note on it.  I then had Jack sign the card just like he did last year.  He loved the idea because the note was torn to pieces by a little one who shall remain nameless LOL!

So for this layout I was able to mix some new Grandma's Lima Bean Soup with some of my scraps from older collections.  I so love that the colors all mix well together.  I also added some red and white twine on my journaling tag and also some natural burlap twine in my buttons.  Both are from The Stringery!  I also added the new banner bits from Jillibean.    I am really addicted to these little embellishments.  Then finally I had to add a bit of flair and some canvas stars from my stash.

supplies
cardstock- bazzill
paper, stickers, canvas stars, alphabet stickers- jillibean soup
twine- the stingery
flair- flair by design
title- Silhouette

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project.  See you then! Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

22 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

Love your layout and what a cute story!

Arlene said...

Great layout and I love that you were able to rewrite the note. Love the mix of patterned papers as well.

Tanya Ham said...

What a great story and layout!! Love all those patterns layered, too! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love the layering and color/pattern combo on here, Mary Pat. Such a cute photo too. In our house, the Tooth Fairy knew I was a scrapbooker so she always let Alexa keep the teeth. :) True story! LOL!

Jen Mc said...

Oh how great! I love the. Oteidea and that is a darling pocture!

~Tammy~ said...

Such a sweet sweet layout! Love the new smile! :-)

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

that is just too cute, I bet when he gets older he will think so too.

Becky said...

This is so fun! What a cute picture and a great way to fix the problem :)

Mary Jo said...

What a totally cute idea! :)

Unknown said...

Such a cute story, and I love the layout!

Lynn said...

I love the story just as much as I love your layout. I really like the mix of colors!

Anonymous said...

I really like the way you arranged your papers. I'm going to try it out.

Anita Scroggins said...

I remember that first lost tooth! What a fun time and this is a great layout! Thanks for sharing :o)

Katie said...

What a sweet story! I really like the layering on the layout, and the tag too!

Linda Beeson said...

So cute!!! Love a smile that is missing a tooth!

Danielle said...

Love all of the layers and the embellished lower right corner. Adorable photo!

Unknown said...

Love how you mixed collections on this layout! Fun title!

Laura said...

So cute. I may have to life this, just came across a pic of my son proudly missing his two front teeth

Fleursbydesign said...

Cute layout, love your idea to rewrite the note and have him sign it, so sweet

Madeline said...

Awww...he's so cute! Love your page. Great design.

Tracy said...

Sweet layout and so cute that he wanted to save his tooth :)
I have saved my daughters as well, but they found them later on in life and think I am a crack pot, lol.

SandeeNC said...

GREAT LO, love his signiture on it too! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Post a Comment