Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday and We R Memory Keepers

Happy Tuesday,

Did anyone read the Hunger Games series?  I read all three books last year and loved them!  All of my students were reading them so I decided to join in the fun with them and I wasn't expecting to like them but I really did enjoy them.  I  highly recommend them if you want a fun read.  Well, I then got my hubby to join the fun and he read them as well.  So when the movie came out on video this month and we got it yesterday from Netflix.  I LOVED the movie.  It was lots of fun.  If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it.

Today I have a layout that I did for We R Memory Keepers and Cord Scrapbook Studio using the Making the Grade collection.  I think this is one of my all time favorite school collections.  At Jack's school they do fall photos and then spring photos.  This was his spring photo and I have been wanting to scrap it for awhile now.    It is awesome to see how much he has changed since from the beginning of the year.  Here is a link of a layout that I did of his first kindergarten photo ( HERE). 

For this layout I just basically layered all the fun pattern pieces. I kept tucking little bits underneath till I got the desired effect.  For the title I used my Silhouette to create Kindergarten and then I used some Jillibean Soup alphabet stickers. 

supplies
everything is We R Memory Keepers
except
alphabet stickers- Jillibean Soup
title- Silhouette

19 comments:

gale said...

What a cutie pie he is!! Love this layout-great way to display school pictures.

Janet's Joy said...

Wonderful layout! I love this collection too!

Connie Mercer said...

so cute~love how the title turned out!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Jack is such a cutie! Great job scrapping a school photo. Those are always tough for me.

Izzy Anderson said...

Jack's spring photo works perfectly with a Fall collection! Cute pic and page. Love all the layers. Great design.

Madeline said...

Beautiful! That's a very fallish school collection, and is lovely with your photo!

Annette Allen said...

super cute photo...love the border..

Mary Jo said...

This is a really great page, Mary Pat!
Love all of the little elements and layering.
And such a cute photo!

I did read the first Hunger Games book and got partway through the second.
Now that I have seen the movie, I am going to give book two a try again before the movie comes out :)
My husband and I just watched the first movie together two weekends ago and he loved it, too!

Unknown said...

I love this layout! So adorable!

Danielle said...

Super cute-adorable photo! And yes, read them and watched the movie, and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed them.

Katie said...

That is so cool that they do both spring and fall photos. I love the layering in the layout - and of course the adorable photo!

Elisa K said...

what a perfect school layout... I love it. thanks for sharing.

Staci said...

I love back to school layouts! Beautifully done!

Sue Althouse said...

Great photo and I love all the layering on your page!

Tammy said...

Ah, such a handsome boy! Love this layout and all the layers. I had to read Hunger Games for the book club and was not excited about the prospect. But I was sucked right in and hooked immediately and read the whole series. Good stuff! :)

laura said...

Perfect layout to highlight large portrait pics.TFS

Tracy said...

Awww he is such a sweetie.
Great layout, I really like all the layering.

~Tammy~ said...

Seriously, how cute is this layout and the little cutie is adorable!!!!

Norma G. said...

Great layout! Our school does the same thing and always amazed by how much my son has changed from the beginning of the year.

Post a Comment