Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Costumes

Happy Tuesday

Did you all have a wonderful long weekend?  Oh wow I sure did!  Friday was my birthday and we had so much fun bowling Friday night.  Then we came home and my mom baked me my favorite cake- dark chocolate cake and homemade carmel icing.  This has been my favorite cake since I was a little girl!  Then present time.  I was so excited because my mom got me some fun scrappin' supplies.  I got some more of the boys only collection and some october afternoon cakewalk!.  Then hubby and the boys bought me a fuji instax mini camera.  I was soo excited!!! I can't wait to give it a try!  Then on Saturday through Monday we just hung out with family.  Loved every minute.

We are on are birthday week.  Last Friday was my birthday, today is hubby's birthday and then Friday is Jack's birthday.  Lots and lots of excitement going on in our house this week!  So busy and crazy.  I hope that I can squeak in a couple of minutes to scrap.

Back in July, Cord Scrapbook Studio gave me the Monster Mash by Imaginisce  collection to work with.  I was pretty luck because I had yet to scrap last years photos.  Jack dressed up as a Ninja.  He really LOVED this costume.  He was going around with all these Ninja karate moves.  This is him giving a karate move in front of our house.

For this layout I used kraft cardstock and made a border using my sewing machine.  I then made some bats using my Silhouette.  I then just layered my pattern paper and embellished using their chipboard and die cuts.  There is a glare on the chipboard and it reads- Trick or Treat.

I was so excited that Cord picked this layout to feature in their monthly newsletter!  I will have a couple more projects using this collection once they appear first at Cord.  I have a card and a home decor piece!

supplies
cardstock- bazzill
paper, stickers, chipboard- imaginisce
buttons- paper trey ink
Tools- silhouette, sewing machine

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a fun card.  See you then,  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

31 comments:

gale said...

Happy birthday!! The layout is so cute. I love how you used the buttons. I can see why it was chosen.

SandeeNC said...

That's a lot of birthdays so close to together! Happy belated birthday to you, sounds like you got some awesome gifts and had a great time! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

scrappymo! said...

Happy belated birthday...Love the word banner tag and the buttons on the bats.

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday and a super page, sounds like you had a great day :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had fun and really, how can you go wrong with chocolate cake? :) Super fun layout! Love the bats and how you used the buttons on them. Congrats on the feature.

Connie Mercer said...

super scary:):) great work!!!

Tammy said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great weekend and fun week ahead. Fun Halloween layout! I love the bats. :)

Janet's Joy said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! Super cute page. :)

Barbara said...

what an adorable page! I love the buttons on the bats.
Happy belated birthday.

Jingle said...

This is SO cute! I love the bats!!! I hope your birthday was wonderful and I wish the best to the others for their birthdays, as well!

Katie said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day and that cake sounds AMAZING!

Happy birthday to your husband and Jack too! What a fun week for you all!

I love the page. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to do scrapbook layouts for!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! Mine is today! I love all the layering you did on this layout and those bats are too cute!

Madeline said...

Wow..it's birthday season around your house! Happy belated birthday! Love your halloween page!

Margie Higuchi said...

Happy busy birthday weekend to all! LOL!! Can't believe it's almost time for Halloween! BUT I'm lovin' this page - great layout design!!

April Michelle said...

Cute page and happy birthday!

Mary Jo said...

Sounds like you had a fun birthday! :)
I know you already saw my comment on your page at 2p's :)

Jen Mc said...

GREAT layout! Cute kit.

laura said...

Happy belated birthday. Cute page, and halloween stuff already in the grocery store this weekend.

Sharla said...

Ahh...cute layout of Jack, he looks like he was having fun!

And Happy B-lated birthday to you and Happy Birthday to your family!! Sounds like a fun week!

Danielle said...

Super cute-love the buttons added to the bats!

Just Jaime said...

Great design and title work!

Fleursbydesign said...

Happy birthday, what a fun Halloween page :)

Erica said...

Wow! Happy Birthday! I love the Halloween page.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Super cute! Love those bats! And happy belated birthday!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Love all the details...stitching around the edge...buttons and bats...just great!

Becky said...

Awe, happy belated birthday Mary Pat! I am super excited to hear a review, I hope, on the Instax!! Your layout is just awesome! I love all those papers you used and it gets me excited for Halloween! Can't wait for the weather to cool off a bit here.

Norma G. said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Let us know what you think of the camera once you get a chance to play with it :D Super cute layout!!

Tracy said...

This is such a cute layout.
Those button bodies on the bats...neat idea :)

~Tammy~ said...

Well Happy Birthday and belated birthday to all! That is so fun, but busy I bet!. Your layout is so so cool! I love the buttons on the bats! Cute cute!

donlambson said...

Love the layout Mary Pat, it reflects all the fun of the halloween holiday!

Izzy Anderson said...

Great layout. LOVE those buttons on the bat and your framing with the stitches.

Post a Comment