Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday SOG Monthly Challenge

Happy Wednesday,

Can you believe that it is May 1st today?  Boy, I can't!  Time is certainly flying by.  Hubby and I were just talking that we don't even know where March went and April went by so quickly.  Does anyone else feel the same way?

Well, it is the first of the month and that means another new challenge over at Some Odd Girl.  This month's challenge is once again a sketch challenge and it is super fun.
sketch2
 For my take I broke into my stash and pulled out some old Echo Park and then colored my Guitar Kody with my Spectrum Noir markers.  For my sentiment I stamped one of the clear sentiment stamps from Some Odd Girl.  Finally I added some yummy twine from The stringery. I love how it turned out.  I am going to use this fun card for a lunch box card for my son.  He loves to get cards from me in  his lunch.
supplies
paper- echo park
stamps- clear and digi- some odd girl
ink- jenni bowlin
twine- the stringery

There is a lot going on over at Some Odd Girl these days.  Right now the most AWESOME challenge is also going on called ODD IDOL contest.  You only have a little bit more time to enter and you could win TONS of awesome prizes.  Go HERE to see all the details-  the prizes included spectrum noir markers,  thickers, paper pads, stamps etc. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I am taking tomorrow off and I will be back on Friday with a new layout.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

23 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Very cute! I really like that sketch - there's a lot you can do with it.

Tanya Ham said...

Very cute!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I love your work with these stamps, Mary Pat! Enjoy your "day off" and happy May 1st!

Izzy Anderson said...

I feel the same way. Where did the months go!! Your card is the cutest! I can't help but smile at this darling image and fun sentiment. You do the best job with these stamps. I am in awe of your color work!

Kimberly Kett said...

Such an Adorable card! I love that stamp!

Sue Althouse said...

Such a cute boy card! I agree, time it flying by and May is always a very busy month.

Janet's Joy said...

Adorable card and a great sketch too!

Becky said...

I'm right there with you! Cannot believe it's May! This is such an adorable card, love the twine!

Jingle said...

This is totally cute! I love how you did the little sentiment arrow with the chevrons!

Connie Mercer said...

it is so cute!! You do the most amazing cards like this!

Tracey McNeely said...

Geeze that is so cute Mary Pat, your colouring is amazing!

Lisa Dickinson said...

adorable card!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone
to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. appreciate it

Also visit my web page Check This out

Fleursbydesign said...

Cute card, great take on the sketch :)

Sharla said...

I love it! So cute and so perfect for a boy! I just used a Kody image with a guitar too! I'm going to try to play along with this challenge, love the sketch!

Katie said...

What a fabulous lunch box card!

Crystal Schneider said...

That sketch looks like tons of fun. That boy is super cute

Annette Allen said...

what a cute card.. love that sketch..

RiNNE said...

What a fab male card! Love the plaid and other papers you chose!

gale said...

So cute. That background paper is so perfect for a guy.

Tracy said...

Great card.
That image is perfect for a boy card. I really like your colouring of course and that plaid paper you used for the background.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card. Love the paper!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card. Love the paper!

Post a Comment