Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday Core'dinations Cards

Happy Friday,

Can you believe that Christmas is just 5 days away?  I am getting so excited.  I think I am totally ready.  How about you?

The Design Team for Core'dinations was given an assignment to create Christmas projects.  Over the next couple of days I will share them with you.  Today I sharing the first project- two cards. 

My first card Believe was very fun to make.  I first started with a Core Impressions paper and lightly sanded it.  Next I took my Silhouette and cut out a snowflake and the journaling card.  I used some of the Tim Holtz distress collection for the blue and green colors.  Finally I added some yummy twine and a touch of bling!
For my second card I used my Silhouette as well.  I cut the base and tree trunk using the Tim Holtz Distress Collection.  I then cut the tree using the Glitter Silk cardstock.  I was a bit unsure if the Silhouette could cut this thicker cardstock but it did and I was so happy because it really looks awesome.  For the star I used the Core Couture Glitter cardstock.  As if that weren't enough bling I added some sequins. 
supplies
tim holt distress collection- glitter core, glitter silk core'dinations cardstock
sequins, twine, gem
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back soon with some more projects.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

11 comments:

Tegan said...

Oooooh cute! Love the Christmas tree! :)

Izzy Anderson said...

These are so cute. Love the texture and shine!

Anonymous said...

Such cute cards and I cannot believe Christmas is so close!

Becky said...

That tree card is so cute! You never have too much bling!

msmith434343 said...

EEEee! That Christmas tree card is so cute! Love!

Tammy said...

Great cards Mary Pat! I really like that tree, super fun. I still have a few things to do but I am 95% ready! :) Enjoy your Christmas.

Jingle said...

These are so cute! LOVE that sparkly tree!

Angela said...

Both super cute! Absolutely love the tree card, glad it all worked for you.

Margie Higuchi said...

These two are super fab!! But I love shaped cards so that tree is catching my eye :)

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I like both these samples Mary Pat, but the tree is really making me smile. Gorgeous x

Katie said...

Love how you did the Christmas tree with the sequins!

Post a Comment