Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wednesday Let's Chill

Happy Wednesday!

We are having a secret Santa at our school and I have a person who wrote on her info sheet that she LOVES the color pink.  I have been giving her little notes each day but today I wanted to make her a special card using the color pink.  This is what I came up with.
I first started with my base which I made out of Core'dinations Pastel Collection.  I heat embossed various snowflakes on it using The Alley Way Stamps.  Next I made my snow banks.  I used 3 strips of white Core cardstock and tore it.  I layered it on my  card using different pop dots of varying thickness.  I then stamped-colored-and cut out my snowmen.  I then pop dotted them onto the card.  I then stamped my sentiment and finally added some centers to my snowflakes along with pearl snowflakes using my Liquid Pearls.  I LOVE how it turned out and I hope she likes it too!

supplies
Core'dinations cardstock- Pastels, Neutrals, 110lb smooth cardstock
stamps- The Alley way stamps
ink- hero arts, memento
spectrum noir markers
liquid pearls

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with some new projects for Imaginisce.  See you tomorrow.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

23 comments:

Katie said...

OMG- this is totally fab Mary Pat! I'm sure she'll love it :) Hugs, Katie

Erica said...

Cute card!

Izzy Anderson said...

Super duper cute!. Those snowy hills and the adorable snowmen! I love all the dimension. You are going to have one happy Secret Santa recipient!

And what do you know? I have a pink snowman card on my blog today too. Great minds! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Oh do I adore this card, Mary Pat! The pink is so pretty!

Becky said...

I LOVE it!! ;) I always like non traditional winter and Christmas cards, this is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Add this card to my list of favorites, it is beyond adorable, love everything about it!!

Unknown said...

This card is too cute! I adore those snowmen.

Dictionary said...

This is such a cute card. Love the torn paper for snow.

Leslie Germain said...

Adorable card and snowmen!!! Love the sentiment!!!!

Jingle said...

This is SO adorable!

Tracey McNeely said...

Super cute, I love pink for Christmas cards!

Cindy deRosier said...

Totally adorable!!

Madeline said...

So cute! Love the layers of "snow" and scattering of flakes!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE! I love snowmen.

Mary Jo said...

Absolutely adorable!
I like the pink in place of the typical blues this time of year.
So pretty.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Ha ha! That is so cute! I love the texture and depth on this card.

Annette Allen said...

oh my heck tho sis too cute.. loving all the snowmen..

Kelly Roberts said...

This card is so pretty in pink. What a nice alternative to the traditional colors. Great job!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Love, love, love the torn snow and cute snowflake detail. And thanks also for the really lovely comments you have been leaving me x

Barbara said...

I love the addition of the pearls on this.

~Tammy~ said...

Eek! This is totally adorable!! I love the color pink too and I adore the snowflakes embossed on the pink background! Oh oh can I be your SS recipient!!! :-) I totally love and adore this and I know your friend will too!

Sue Althouse said...

Love this card, completely adorable! Looks like it was fun to make.

Katie said...

This is an awesome card! The colors are perfect! I know your Secret Santa will love it as much as I do!

Post a Comment