Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Wednesday TAWS #44 and Retro Sketches

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
The day is finally here!  I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. 

I have a new card to share with you today and I am entering it into 2 different challenges.  The first inspiration is the new TAWS Be Inspired photo.  I loved this photo!  However, I already had all my Christmas cards done. Sooooooo I took away with it the colors of the pink, light blue and red.  With this I knew I was going to use my Let's Chill stamp set. 
To see all the wonderful details from this challenge please go HERE!

Next, I needed a little bit of mojo.  I was in the mood but needed a starting point.  Soooo I looked at my some sketch sites and saw this amazing sketch from Retro Sketches. 


To see all the details of this challenge please go HERE.

Now for my card I stuck VERY closely to the sketch.  I broke out my October Afternoon paper to go with the color scheme and I picked one of my favorite stamp sets.  I colored my snowmen using my Spectrum Noir markers.  I stitched all my rays together.  Finally I added my sentiment and then used some snowflakes to go around the cutie! 



supplies
paper-October afternoon
cardstock- Core'dinations
stamps- the alley way stamps
ink- memento, jenni bowlin
markers- spectrum noir
sewing machine

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will be back tomorrow with a Paper Smooches challenge!  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty Christmas day!
mp

7 comments:

Staci said...

Love it! You have such a flair for card making!

Leslie Germain said...

Love it. Great sunburst!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this! The mix of patterned paper is so pretty and I love that you stitched it together! Thanks for joining us at the BE Inspired challenge!

Becky said...

I was wondering where you were going With those triangles when I saw this on your Facebook page. Love it!

Tracy said...

Sweet image.
Fun colours on your card….I am always impressed when you sew on a layout or a card.

Kim Heggins said...

Not sure how I missed this amazing little card! Your snowman is just too darn cute and I love your choice of patterned paper, just too cute!

Katie said...

I love the colors you used in this card! They go perfectly with the adorable snowman!

Post a Comment