Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday Jillibean Soup

Happy Thursday

As you know I have made a commitment to myself to start using up my paper.  I am trying to go through my paper collections.  Right now I am working on some Jillibean Soup Pumpkin Chowder.  This is my second layout using this collection!
For my layout I started with some Jillibean Soup Core Impressions and lightly sanded it to expose the inner core.  I then took a brown piece of the collection and lightly sanded that.  I then started building the layout layering paper.  I decided to scraplift myself.  I used this layout as my inspiration .  I just changed it up a bit and added a couple different embellishments.

The photo was taken on Thanksgiving of 2012.  Even though the photo was not the greatest I wanted to scrap it because I love it when my mom lets me take photos of her!  I don't know about you but even if my photos aren't the greatest I still scrap them because I am capturing the moment.  Not all moments can be perfect. Right???

supplies
cardstock- Core'dinations
paper-stickers- punch outs- JIllibean Soup

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back with some Moxxie cards.  See you then. Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

14 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I love your commitment to using up your older collections, Mary Pat! This is another fabulous layout. Love the design with all of the layering!

Diana Fisher said...

Love the circle, pennant and squares layering!

Anonymous said...

Great page design, Mary Pat and love the bold statement your large title makes! I scraplift myself and will absolutely use those less than perfect photos! :)

Unknown said...

Love the design of this layout, Mary Pat! And yay for using up some older papers!

Jingle said...

This is so pretty! I love the layers behind your photo!

Connie Mercer said...

very pretty and great colors together. I'm working on using my older stuff too,

Angela said...

Fun page! I really like the design!!

Izzy Anderson said...

This really turned out great. And,yes, absolutely scrap the not so great photos. I'm with you that. Great use of this collection and your stash!

Pam W. said...

Great layout!

Katie said...

I definitely scrap my not so great pictures. The moment is definitely more important than the lighting or blur or whatever.

This is a great picture, and I love the layout!

Tracy said...

Your layout is lovely.
I commend you for using up your stash...and here I went and bought more paper today, lol
I agree about capturing the moment, even if the photos aren't the best.

Becky said...

I scrap not so great photos too and just make up for it with my journaling ;) great layout and you go with using up your paper!!

Tanya Ham said...

I totally agree, scrap the moments!! :) Great job, love these papers!

Janet's Joy said...

Looks great!

Post a Comment